Warm Weather Wednesday

Laureen S.
on 11/8/11 6:33 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning PA Friends,

Hoping this post finds you well rested and ready for whatever this day brings your way!

I am planning on going to work, hoping to visit Jackie after work and then it will be home for the evening.  Exciting?  NOT, but I think no excitement is where I like things on most days.

What's on your schedule today?

Hope you all have a fabulous day, enjoy some parts of it outdoors, this little treat (tease) from Mother Nature is nice.  Wishing peace and strength to get you through whatever challenges life has in store.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 11/8/11 7:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Laureen & PA:

Nothing much happening today.  Work till 4, then home to work on homework.  This class is going to be another brutal one.

Hope you all have a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

proudmama13
on 11/8/11 8:00 pm - Bristol, PA
Good morning, Laureen, Ida and all of my PA homeslicers,

Today the little man and I will be relaxing at home in the morning.  I have therapy at 1:00 and then we may hit up the mall to see if we can find him some holiday jammies for his first picture with Santa:).    Then it's home to practice my bariatric culinary skills & to spend quality time as a family. I had gotten away from my prayer and meditation and I just started up again yesterday.  So before bed I will throw a little prayer and meditation in there and call it a glorious day. 

Here's wishing the same to all of you:)
In peace, love & serenity,
Selena

dit657
on 11/8/11 9:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning Laureen and PA - sounds like we're all hitting our mid-week stride and ready to coast into the weekend? I have a 3 day weekend this week - we're off Friday for Veteran's Day and it's my 22nd wedding anniversary - we don't celebrate big - nice dinner out and that'll be it.

Got home last night to a house full of people and a wonderful dinner waiting for me! My nephew and his girlfriend (and her 4 girls) were there - they made steak, mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans and salad - YUM! AND they cleaned it all up - I didn't have to do a thing - it was truly wonderful.

Not sure what's on my agenda for tonight - I got out for 2 walks yesterday - short, but at least got out and moving. Have already had one today and hope to get another one in this afternoon.

One week from today we will hopefully be settling on the house in Florida!!! I'm still crossing my fingers that nothing comes up at this late date and we can get through everything okay, Laureen, as soon as all that is settled I'd love to get together for dinner.

Enjoy the beautiful weather today if you can, and those gorgeous leaves out there!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/8/11 9:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
That sounds great, hey perhaps since I think you work up north, you and I can meet for dinner, you might be able to attend the Barix support group and then breeze home, because the traffic will be over. . .  just a thought. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 11/8/11 9:38 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Laureen and PA Peeps,
I have a busy day ahead.  Bible Study this morning.  Then, my GYN exam.  Then, my psychiatrist appointment.  Finally, a CT of my sinuses and an x-ray of my foot.  I will glow after all that radiation.  LOL

Blessings,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 11/8/11 9:54 pm
Good Morning Laureen and PA!

Today is my last work day of the week! YIPPEE!! Thursday and Friday we are off for teachers convention. Tomorrow I have to go for bloodwork and then Friday morning I am going to get ANOTHER bone marrow biopsy, but this time I will be sedated, not completely out but in a twilight. I am hoping and praying that they will come up with answers for me! Nice way to spend my days off?!?! Pray for me please!!!!

Wor****il 3pm unless Dee's school calls me, she hasn't been feeling well....don't know what else I have planned?

Take care!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 11/8/11 11:31 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, all.  So glad to get the positive updates on Jackie.  Looking forward to watching her progress through this journey.

I'm working, as usual.  My "tough" boss came back from vacation a day earlier than expected.  I am less than thrilled. 

I'm chairing an AA meeting tonight.  I'm picking someone up and driving two people home.  That keeps me going even when I would much rather curl up in bed with a book.

Went to the doc last night.  My BP was good at 124/80.  My weight is down 20 pounds from 8 months ago when I started going to OA.  I told my doc to document this sore in my skin fold in case it might help me get reconstructive surgery covered in the future, and he said, "Oh, are you thinking about reconstructive surgery?  Me too."  Seems he had the surgery as well, but he is struggling with regain.  I told him I had re-gained, and now re-lost, and I want to make sure my weight stabilizes before I plan any plastics.  He put me on antibiotics for this boo-boo.  He's not sure what it is -- said it might be a spider bite or an infected hair follicle. I see him again in a week, and hopefully it will have disappeared.

Have a blessed day!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

steffihope
on 11/8/11 11:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Laureen and all of PA.  I am exhausted!!!!!  Had to finish getting my grades in yesterday by midnight.  I gave up at 10:15 and used whatever I had already graded and just used that for their first report card grades. The stuff that is not yet graded wil go toward second report.  I was just done!  Had all three kids home last night and Larry made dinner.  It had been a while since all of us were at the dinner table at the same time.

I just came back to check up on people - and here I am - having NOT finished my post.  Yes - it has already been that kind of morning.  ANOTHER stupid fire drill.  We have had at least ten.  We have only been in school 8 or 9 weeks.  CRAZY!!!!

Anyway, my day - school, rush out of here to pick up Molly from school and take her to the hair dresser as she is getting bright pink under her hair.  She is so excited - me too for that matter, I totally want that - but at 42, my aunt wont do it.  And I refuse to pay someone else when my cuts are free!  At some point while at the salon, I will hopefully hear that we have another liscenced driver in my house.  Fingers are crossed!!!!!  Tonight, Larry is home, however I have the opportunity to get out for a little while, so I will see what the evening brings.

Happy Wednesday all.
Lisa H.
on 11/9/11 12:37 am - Whitehall, PA
Hello all.. been busy working and stuff so I haven't checked in yet.  ]

Working both jobs tonight.  I already have the main course (chicken) for dinner cooked and ready to be warmed up later.  I have to be at Dress Barn at 4, so that gives me no time in between jobs to do any cooking and this way we can both have something decent to eat.  I'm going to make some asparagus to go with it.  We both love that!

While I'm working during the day today, I am also still working on catching up on laundry and trying to find a place for all the extra clothes we have accumulated thanks to the kindness of our friends.  BTW,Beth C., I now have directions to shop at New York and Co. thanks to your donations to the Siehara clothing drive.. lol.  I didn't see what she picked out, but I know there was a big pile of stuff on the sofa when I got home from work last night.  THANKS!!!!

After Dress Barn tonight, a bunch of high school friends (and possibly Neil) will be hanging out with my friend Josie who came in from WI.  She needs stress relief and it will be cool to hang out with everyone again.  One of the girls works at a bar and has to work tonight, so we are just going to go there so she can be included, too.  

From there, home to sleep.  I'm sure I'll be exhausted and I have to work both jobs again tomorrow.  

Have a great day everyone! 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views